Acceptable Use Policy for the Parlay Services
(Canadian Business Customers)
Acceptable Use Policy
Any capitalized terms not defined herein will have the same meaning as in the Schedule A (Definitions) of the Agreement.
Customer and End User acknowledge and agree that the Services may not be used to:
- Illegal activity. Violate any Applicable Law, including Canadian federal, provincial, or local laws or regulations, or any applicable law or regulation of any foreign jurisdiction.
- Infringing activity. Infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate Stack8’s or anyone’s rights (including intellectual property, privacy, personality, publicity, or otherwise; or display or use Stack8’s marks without consent or in violation of Stack8 policies.
- Auto-dialing; trunking; traffic pumping. Perform auto-dialing or “predictive dialing” in an abusive manner; trunk or forward your Stack8 phone or fax number to other numbers that handle multiple simultaneous calls or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system; traffic pumping or access stimulation of calls through the Services or the Stack8 Network.
- Exploit or harm minors (e.g., expose them to inappropriate content; ask for personally identifiable information without parental consent).
- Interference; transmit viruses. Interfere, inhibit, compromise, or otherwise harm the Services or the Stack8 Network or transmit any material that contains viruses, time or logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous, regardless of intent or knowledge.
- Objectionable activity. Act in an indecent, offensive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, malicious, disruptive, tortious, or other objectionable manner; or create a false caller ID identity (i.e., ID spoofing), forge addresses or headers, or otherwise mislead others about a sender’s identity or origin.
- Driving; safety. Use while driving or otherwise in an unsafe manner.
- Harvest information; spam; bulk messages. Harvest or collect information about third parties or End Users without consent; send bulk communications or other content without the recipient’s consent.
- Excessive or unauthorized use. Use any device, system, network, account, plan, or the Services in an unauthorized manner or in excess of reasonable business use.
- Circumvent compliance or security. Take advantage of, bypass, exploit, defeat, disable, or otherwise circumvent limitations of the Services, security mechanisms, or compliance with this AUP or any Applicable Law.
- Intercept, capture, sniff, monitor, modify, emulate, decrypt, or redirect any communication or data for any purpose.
- Use by others. Engage in account sharing, including, without limitation, permitting third parties to use the Services or the account or password associated with the use of the Services.
Customer and End User may not sell, resell, sublease, assign, license, or sublicense the Services or any component thereof or use or offer the same on a service-bureau or time-sharing basis. Customer may not tolerate any such activity by Customer’s End User.
HIGH RISK USE PROHIBITED. THE SERVICES ARE NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, INTENDED, OR RECOMMENDED FOR USE FOR ANY HIGH-RISK OR FAIL-SAFE PURPOSE OR ACTIVITY OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT WHERE FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, MALFUNCTION, ERROR, OR UNAVAILABILITY COULD RESULT IN SUBSTANTIAL LIABILITY OR DAMAGES, PHYSICAL HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DISMEMBERMENT, OR PROPERTY OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. CUSTOMER AND CUSTOMER’S END USER SHALL NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY SUCH PURPOSE OR ACTIVITY OR IN ANY SUCH ENVIRONMENT.
Last Updated July 1, 2019